We live in times in which protecting our bodies against any possible disease is a crucial thing to do.
We have distanced ourselves socially, we have improved our cleaning habits and we have changed our behavior.
Life itself has changed: Isabel does not meet with her friends at the gym anymore, and Ricardo cannot go out with his nephews to buy groceries for next week, but being at home they both do their best to keep a healthy life for themselves and for others.
At Nature’s Discount, we want to contribute to your well-being. We know there At Nature’s Discount, we want to contribute to your well-being. We know there may be many questions about how to stimulate and strengthen your immune system, so we believe it is important that you know about these 7 supplements and vitamins that will help you keep your health up to date.
As we grow older we always hear how orange juice is an incredible source of this vitamin, but what else do you know about it?
This vitamin is water-soluble, which means it dissolves in water and is quickly discarded by the body.
In addition to this, vitamin C is an essential vitamin, so our body does not produce it.
That is why you must make sure to obtain your daily dose of this vitamin. In addition to including it in your diet, doctors recommend supplementing it in some way.
1) While it does not cure the flu and colds as many believe, it can reduce the risk of developing additional complications such as pneumonia and lung infections.
2) It is a source of antioxidants, which strengthens our natural defenses and protects us from chronic diseases.
3) It stimulates the production of white blood cells, which help protect your body against infections. Plus, it protects you from harmful molecules like free radicals.
4) It contributes to the skin’s defense system by strengthening its barriers.
Vitamin C also has long-term benefits for your cardiovascular and mental health.
Zinc is a mineral our body needs in very small amounts, which groups it with other trace elements such as iron.
But that does not make it less important!
This mineral is present in hundreds of enzymatic reactions and it is found in all the cells of our body.
1) Activates T cells in our body which, among other functions, are responsible for the immune response of our body.
2) Reduces the duration and severity of colds.
3) Due to its role in collagen synthesis, immune function, and inflammatory response, it also contributes to wound recovery.
4) Like other nutrients, it has antioxidant properties.
It is true that foods such as pork and beef, seafood, brown rice, dark chocolate, eggs, and peanuts contain this mineral. Also, it can be found under different supplement presentations.
The vitamin of the sun!
Vitamin D is produced in our skin in response to sunlight. Also, we find it in foods such as salmon, sardines, egg yolks, shrimp, milk, cereals, yogurt, and orange juice.
Not only is it part of the calcium and phosphorus synthesis process, but this vitamin also provides benefits to the immune system in other ways.
Vitamin D contributes to reducing the risk of diseases such as multiple sclerosis and cardiovascular diseases. In addition, it could help protect your body against the flu.
Unlike other vitamins, our body is capable of producing vitamin D. In addition, it is fat-soluble, which means it can be stored in our body for longer.
However, if you have little chance of taking some sun and a restricted diet, you will probably need to supplement your meals to take advantage of the benefits of this vitamin.
A complete team that works for you!
The B complex is made up of 8 vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12) and has metabolic functions in the body.
We can find these vitamins in foods such as milk, eggs, nuts, fish and seafood, fruits, grains and cereals, and animal proteins.
B vitamins have a direct impact on our energy levels, brain function, and cellular metabolism, but they also:
1) Contribute to the formation of white blood cells, which strengthens our defenses.
2) Contribute to the synthesis and transformation of nutrients into energy.
3) Are a source of antioxidants.
4) Are vital for the development of neurological functions, the production of DNA, and the development of red blood cells.
Just like vitamin C, the B-complex vitamins are water-soluble. Therefore, you can complement your diet with the use of supplements to get all the benefits of this nutrient.
Elderberries are not only delicious and found in a variety of supplements, they are a fruit that has a lot to offer.
These berries contain nutrients such as vitamin A and C, folic acid, potassium, calcium, and iron, and are high in fiber, which makes them a powerful ally to stimulate the immune system.
1) Promote and regulate the production of white blood cells.
2) Help reduce inflammation.
3) Are a powerful source of antioxidants, even more than vitamin E in some cases.
4) Have antiviral properties by reducing the severity and duration of the flu and colds.
Because of their sour taste, these berries are usually cooked before being eaten or used in recipes.
Eating these berries incorrectly may cause stomach problems and even be poisonous, which is why supplements are a good way to take advantage of their properties in a safe and concentrated way.
A sweet aroma for your health!
Echinacea is a plant that comes from North America and Europe, and it resembles a daisy with pink or purple petals and a large conical center.
It is known to stimulate the immune system (especially against viral diseases).
1) Relieves respiratory problems like acute sinusitis, flu, asthma, and the common cold.
2) Is an anti-inflammatory agent and it also relieves pain.
3) Has antioxidant properties that can help repair healthy cells and destroy harmful ones.
4) Contributes to fighting infections such as those of the bloodstream, genital herpes, and vaginal and urinary tract infections.
Do you want to protect yourself against respiratory diseases? We have good news for you! The leaves, stems, flowers, and roots of this plant are used to create supplements especially capable of helping you in this case.
Your intestine is covered in microscopic bacteria that create a micro-ecosystem called microbiome. There, the bacteria already mentioned live in balance and tranquility.
But when the intestinal flora is not in balance, our intestine ends up being populated by harmful bacteria that do not help the immune system and leave our bodies susceptible to diseases.
The healthier your microbiome is, the healthier you will be. The key to a healthy microbiome is to nurture a balance between the different species of bacteria in your gut.
And how do we achieve this? With the help of probiotics and prebiotics.
Probiotics (“good” bacteria and yeasts) contain live microorganisms, which add directly to the population of healthy microbes in your gut and strengthen your immune system.
1) Contribute to the digestion and absorption of nutrients, and fight acidity.
2) Maintain and reestablish the intestinal flora in your body.
3) Are part of the treatment for conditions such as eczema, infectious diarrhea, constipation, and vaginal and urinary tract infections.
4) Prevent the proliferation of harmful bacteria in your intestine.
Fermented foods like kefir, kimchi, kombucha, natto, sauerkraut, tempeh, and yogurt are important sources of probiotics.
After taking antibiotics, a probiotic supplement will also help you regain the probiotics you have lost due to medication.
For their part, prebiotics are foods with high content of fiber that acts as a nutrient for probiotics and other good microbes in the body.
We can find prebiotics in foods like fruits, and vegetables like asparagus, bananas, garlic, and onions.
We hope the information in this article helps you select supplements and nutrients that boost your immune system. We will soon meet again, but while that happens, we must focus on our health and well-being.
Keeping yourself busy and trying to maintain routines is very important to your immune system. Finding the way to do what we like, even if it means doing it in a different way is also vital right now.
For example, complying with distance, Isabel connects with her friends every day and they do online yoga, and Ricardo became the favorite uncle who helps his nephews with their English lessons.
Follow the cleaning habits and behaviors you already know, and don’t forget to complement your meals with these nutrients so that your immune system works optimally and, as it did to Isabel and Ricardo, protects you from any disease.
At Nature’s Discount, even from the distance, we are your allies on the journey to a healthier lifestyle.