Let’s face it, during these uncertain times, it is common to have trouble sleeping at night, but we need good sleeping habits now more than ever.
A good night’s sleep helps your immune system remain strong, and supports your mental well-being.
The impact that sleep has on our immune system is huge, even a small loss of sleep affects immune functions, and makes us more prone to colds.
What Happens in Your Body When You Are Asleep?
When we sleep, cortisol (the stress hormone) goes down, and melatonin (the sleep hormone) goes up. This means your entire body, including your skin, enters repair mode.
Also, while we are sleeping, our body produces extra protein molecules which strengthen our body’s ability to fight infections.
Sleep not only improves overall health and promotes a strong immune system, but it is also a natural beauty booster. We will tell you all about it below.
The way your body feels after a poor night’s sleep is expressed externally, not only through physical signs, such as puffy eyes and dark circles but in your mood, and your ability to concentrate and perform tasks.
If you are still not aware of how poor sleep or sleep deprivation impacts our health, then read this:
Effects of Lack of Sleep
- Depression: insomnia is often the first symptom of depression.
- Early skin aging: lack of sleep makes your body release excessive amounts of cortisol which can break down skin collagen, affecting your skin’s smoothness and elasticity.
- Memory deficiency: not sleeping well can affect your ability to remember, think, and process information.
- Weight gain: poor sleep can lead to cravings for high-fat, unhealthy foods.
- Serious health conditions: lack of sleep makes you prone to diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, or irregular heartbeat.
- Lack of focus and numbness: if you don’t sleep well your brain fogs and loses the ability to concentrate.
The good news is that sleeping works almost miraculously to strengthen your body’s immune response, and basically helps to keep bodily functions under control.
Before we explain the amazing benefits of sleep for your immune system, you need to understand a little bit about how the immune system works during sleep.
How Does the Immune System Work During Sleep?
While you sleep, your body rests and starts a process to repair whatever is not functioning right.
During sleep, the immune system releases certain Cytokines, proteins that work as infection-fighting antibodies.
Cytokines are produced and released during sleep; this is why it is so important to get sleep when you’re sick.
Their production increases during periods of stress, infection, or inflammation.
But, when you don’t get enough sleep, the production of Cytokines decreases, which leaves you more vulnerable to germs and illness.
Sleeping also supports your immune response and helps the cells remember bugs and germs so that they can fight them off quicker in the future.
Benefits of Sleep for the Immune System
- Sleeping well boost the effectiveness of T cells
T cells are essential, they carry a variety of immune-related functions, such as killing virus-infected cells.
- During sleep, your body is able to rise its temperature to fight infection
Since it takes your body a lot of energy to turn up the heat, even if it is just 1°C, nighttime is the perfect moment to do so, because your body has more energy resources available.
- Sleep makes you less susceptible to getting a cold or the flu
Studies show that people who sleep less than 7 hours are 3 times more likely to develop a cold than people who sleep 8 hours or more.
What Does Beauty Sleep Mean?
When we sleep, our skin and the rest of our body enter repair mode, fixing damage from UV rays or pollution.
The term Beauty Sleep refers to a period of restful sleep after which you look and feel refreshed.
Getting your beauty sleep means obtaining all the benefits of a full night’s rest and never having to hear anyone say “you look tired” again.
What Is The Best Time for a Beauty Sleep?
The best time to sleep is from 9 to 11 pm. When you go to bed later than that, your body’s ability to heal and eliminate skin toxins is affected.
Beauty sleep not only gives you healthier skin, but it can also be beneficial in ways you don’t imagine.
Benefits of Beauty Sleep
- Reduces signs of aging: sleeping on your back is even more beneficial to wake up wrinkle-free. Also, your skin is able to absorb anti-aging products better. Most anti-aging creams contain retinol, which is more effective during the night.
- Contributes to healthier hair: sleep is necessary for proper protein synthesis, which affects your hormones, which play an important role in your hair’s growth and appearance.
- Prevents breakouts: while you sleep, the levels of stress hormones go down. This helps reduce the chances of inflammation, avoiding acne.
- No more swelling: beauty sleep promotes brighter and less puffy eyes.
- Increases self-esteem: studies show that people who have full rest at night have a better perception of their attractiveness.
Having a full night’s sleep sounds easy, but we know that sometimes it can be a struggle.
After reading all of the effects that lack of sleep produces, I think we can all agree that good sleep is not to be underrated.
The Trick to Achieve a Consistent Sleep Routine
If you have trouble sleeping and you are looking to improve your sleep consistency naturally, then Terrific Zzzz could help you.
Terrific Zzzz by Terry Naturally contains the perfect mixture of herbs to help you relieve stress and obtain the restful sleep you need.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis): provides calming and sleep-inducing properties.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): it relieves anxiety, and promotes sleep, and a sense of well-being.
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata): a stress reliever used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora): it helps with insomnia and promotes relaxation.
Terrific Zzzz is non-habit forming, so you don’t need to worry about developing any dependence.
In the words of one of its users: “I had been struggling with insomnia for a few years. I didn’t want to take any meds that would upset my system, cause strange side effects, or cause me to become addicted.
Terrific ZZZZ has no side effects, no addictive ingredients, and no artificial ingredients. I began taking one capsule of Terrific ZZZZ about an hour before bedtime. I slept so soundly and felt so energized in the morning, I couldn’t believe it”.
Beat Stress and Sleep Better
When you are feeling stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or depressed, naturally, your sleep is disturbed.
Anxiocalm by Terry Naturally helps reduce all these symptoms, allowing you to go back to a calm state.
Anxiocalm promotes a night of deep and restful sleep, besides good mental health and emotional well-being.
It is made from the extract of Echinacea Angustifolia, a natural ingredient that has clinically proven to be beneficial for restlessness, nervousness, stress, and occasional anxiety.
As you know, here at Nature’s Discount, we love to help you improve your health in the most natural way. That’s why you can find both: Anxiocalm and Terrific Zzzz at our shop or our online store.
Don’t let anything get in your way of having a good night’s sleep, sometimes a little extra help is needed, but it is always worth it.
Ensure your immune system is sharp with regular sleep, and remember that there is no better beauty treatment than having a full restful sleep.