At Nature’s Discount, we are constantly trying to cause a positive impact on our clients’ lives through every interaction we have with them, whether it involves our products, our stores’ staff, or even this blog.
That is why we were extremely pleased when one of our readers contacted us to mention one of our articles, where we wrote on breast cancer. She wanted to thank us for writing on this topic and recommended other valuable resources that we can share to help people affected by this disease. Thank you, Amelia!
Her message has inspired us. So, we figured we would return the gesture by doing our own additional research on the matter and by spreading the word to the rest of our readers. Below you will see a list of our findings.
Companies that Support Breast Cancer Research all Year Round
A very rewarding way to contribute to the cause is to give back while you shop. Thanks to the brands and retailers that donate to breast cancer organizations, especially throughout the month of October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month), a percentage of what you pay for their products goes towards research, better access to screening, and early detection.
- Estée Lauder: hey are the creators of the pink ribbon we all know as a symbol for breast cancer. They’ve been donating to research for more than 25 years. Their brands include Clinique, DKNY, Michael Kors, and Too Faced.
- NakedCashmere: This brand supports the movement with its specially designed “Love Collection”.
- Ann Taylor and Loft: These associated brands have been committed to donations for research since 2005.
- Delta Airlines: This airline offers a system where you can donate your miles to different organizations, including the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Lilly Pulitzer: An exclusive print to support breast cancer has been created by this brand, which has already funded nearly 4,000 hours of research.
- Ralph Lauren: Their Pink Pony collection has been designed to donate from 25 to 100% of profits to research.
Websites Dedicated to Breast Cancer Survivors
There are many sites on the internet that can make cancer survivors’ lives easier. Some of them were specially created by and for women who have fought or are still battling breast cancer. They allow you to learn more about the topic, find comfort, or shop online for items specially designed for survivors:
- AnaOno: After suffering from cancer, having a mastectomy, and undergoing reconstruction, its founder decided to create a brand for women to look and feel good no matter their shape, size, or surgical history.
- Look Good Feel Better: Cancer treatment will leave physical alterations that may cause an impact on women’s perception of their beauty. This website displays tutorials to help women feel pretty again with the use of some make-up.
- Anita: This company offers bras, swimwear, prostheses, and other items for women all over the world.
- Bra Sisters: Two breast cancer survivors created this website that will help you find the perfect underwear and lingerie from different providers.
- Know Your Lemons: You are invited to learn more about the prevention, symptoms, and detection of breast cancer in a way that is easy for everybody to understand.
Learn More About Breast Cancer
We are aware that breast cancer may affect the lives of our clients, employees, and families in one way or another. That’s why at Nature’s Discount, we encourage every woman to check themselves regularly and to contribute to spreading this information. You can share this article with your family and friends!
See the full list of resources by clicking this link.