We are living in a very unique time, where uncertainty can take the best out of us at times, but if there’s one thing that can make everything better during this time that’s Matcha tea.
The pandemic has been a roller coaster of emotions, and both your mind and your body are aware of it.
Pandemic weight gain is a thing! Due to COVID restrictions, most people’s everyday routines changed completely.
Working from home also meant snacking more, moving your body less, not going to the gym, and with everything that was going on (and still is), taking care of their weight just wasn’t a priority for some people.
All of these changes mixed with fear and uncertainty also led to a high increase in stress and anxiety levels.
With all that being said, 2021 is the year to incorporate healthier habits into our lives and transform those lockdown side effects for the better.
Matcha tea is a simple and incredibly effective way to reduce post-pandemic weight and stress and to start living a healthier life.
How does Matcha tea help lose weight?
- Matcha tea contains EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), a compound that stops the growth of fat cells and boosts metabolism, this makes matcha great support during your weight loss program. In fact, EGCG has been shown to have beneficial effects against obesity.
- Matcha tea increases fat burning by 17%. A study showed that matcha tea supported the fat burning process during a moderate exercise regime.
- Matcha tea with caffeine lowers body mass index and body weight more than caffeine-free green tea. This is because of the number of flavanols and antioxidants that are beneficial for weight loss.
- Matcha tea is extremely low in calories, which makes it a great alternative to sugary sodas and fruit juices. In addition, it helps you stay well-hydrated which is helpful for weight loss.
What makes Matcha tea effective against stress?
- This green tea powder is rich in essential amino acids, such as L-theanine
which provides anti-stress and anti-anxiety effects especially when consumed daily. L-theanine also has the ability to relax muscle tension and reduce blood pressure.
- Matcha tea has natural compounds, like chlorophyll, L-theanine, and caffeine, that help you feel relaxed and stay focused.
- Matcha tea gives you a prolonged energy boost (over 6 hours). Unlike coffee, caffeine in Matcha is assimilated very slowly helping you stay in a brighter mood for longer.
- Another amino acid in Matcha named L-arginine has proven to have a positive effect on high anxiety and stress levels.
What is the best way to drink Matcha tea?
The best way of incorporating this healthy ritual into your life is to start your day with a cup of DoMatcha Organic Ceremonial. DoMatcha is created in the traditional Japanese style and contains all the nutrients of green tea to help you have stress-free days, and support your weight loss journey.
Stay calm and healthy this 2021 with Matcha tea.