Flowers are always seen as a beautiful birthday or anniversary gifts, or as an ingredient of succulent dishes. They serve a variety of purposes to color and joy in our daily lives.
But the truth is that flowers are more than a nice ornament or ingredient, some flowers have healing properties that are always worth considering.
World-renowned for its properties against respiratory problems, echinacea is one of the most widely used plants in natural medicine. Our Nature’s Discount team wants to share with you some of its amazing properties.
Feel the flower power!
Technically considered a medicinal herb, echinacea is a flower native to North America and Europe. This flower has been used as a natural medicine for centuries.
And it’s not just the flower!
All of its parts are harnessed to create those magical supplements that will make you feel healthy. The leaves, stems, and roots of echinacea are used to create supplements, which can come in the form of liquid extracts, powders, capsules, pills, and teas, among others.
What are some of the properties of this plant?
You’ll be amazed to discover how echinacea´s chemical components (such as essential oils, flavonoids, inulin, polysaccharides, and vitamin C) boost the immune system and have significant therapeutic value (source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/echinacea). These are some of its benefits:
1. It relieves upper respiratory problems like acute sinusitis, flu, asthma, and the common cold.
2. It strengthens the immune system, especially against viral diseases.
3. It relieves pain, such as headaches, toothache, stomach pain, tonsillitis, and a sore throat.
4. It contributes to regulating blood sugar levels in diabetic, pre-diabetic, and hypoglycemic people.
5. It works as a laxative, helping you go to the bathroom regularly in a natural way.
6. It is an anti-inflammatory agent and has been part of the treatment of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, ulcers, and other conditions caused by inflammation.
7. It improves your skin health by keeping it hydrated and wrinkle-free.
8. It helps improve ADD / ADHD related symptoms like anxiety, depression, and social phobias.
9. It has antioxidant properties that can help repair your cells and destroy free radicals.
10. It contributes to fighting infections such as those of the bloodstream, genital herpes, and vaginal and urinary tract infections.
As if that was not enough, this medicinal herb could give something more to talk about in the future.
While more research needs to be done, and with defined limitations, a 2020 study shows that the use of echinacea, in the form of supplements, may be effective against severe respiratory complications caused by the COVID-19 (source: https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-15282/v2).
And this should not surprise us because within natural medicine, echinacea is a powerful supplement that stimulates our immune system.
If you want to know more about it or start to know this plant benefits for yourself, visit our store and discover which of its presentations meets your needs.